Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Franconia Ridge Trail October 4, 2011

So I went through and found some of my better pictures of the past hikes in fall. Just before the ALDHA Gathering in Williamstown, Mass, I went up on Franconia for a long day hike. Made really good time going up the ridge but once I got above treeline, it was slow moving. High winds and really cold temps made for some brutal wind chill. The climb up Lafayette was hard and kicked my ass. The view north was tempting for about a second. Getting to the hut was a relief but a little later than I wanted so I had to push hard on the gradual downhill of Old Bridle Path, but the trail was awesome so I stopped a lot. Going going at a pretty good pace once in the woods, was almost at a jog in spots. The leaves were as beautiful as I have ever seen up here. Not as nice as Maine and Vermont but the hike we went on in Vermont a couple of days later was pretty magical. That comes later. Enjoy these pictures- Franconia Ridge, NH 2011

Mt Liberty, White Mountains, New Hampshire

No comments:

Post a Comment