Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Gear Prep

I broke out the tents today and seam sealed the Tarptent. I didn't have to really do anything to the Hubba Hubba. The seam seal video that Henry Shires puts up is awesome.

I am thinking I will probably need to get some Snowshoes because there may be some snow around Washington.  We will see how the weather pans out

I have about 10 days so I figure Ill start getting ready for the upcoming season. SO I have some pictures below.
My Tent, my stove options and my Pack full
The MSR Titan Kettle with Zelph Windscree

The Starlyte. I got this in 2007. I made a fold up pot stand out of Bike spokes and dryer tubing.  It has gotten better with time as the dryer tubing has melted to the spokes. There is still a nice separation so it can be folded at the corners.

The Cat Can Stove (Fancee Feast) on the left and the Starylyte on the right.  Still unsure which one Ill take on the LT. Starlyte is going with me next week.
Next is my tent, all seam sealed up
Henry Shires Double Rainbow. Will be with me on the Long Trail. For now Im rolling with a Hubba Hubba. 

Crampons strapped on, insulated boots, GTX Gaiters as well.  May be strapping snow shoes in as well.  

Developing my stitching skills
So Im getting set. I have to watch the weather. 

No comments:

Post a Comment